TopBand: A Boring Request

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A Boring Request
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:23:34 -0800 (PST)
>From N6TR:

I am going to try and put my call at the start of postings from
now on, and suggest you do the same.  That way, when a message
starts of with: "Heard the V5 last night around 0400", you have
a mental picture of where the guy is, instead of having to page
ahead to the end of the message first.  Hopefully you will agree
this is a good idea and start doing it yourself.

Heard the V5 briefly on Saturday during the contest, but they were
right next to a BRAND NEW NOISE on the band.  I wonder if anyone
else heard it, or if it is a local problem (I already made sure it
wasn't in my house by using circuit breakers).

The noise is a buzz, with 13 kHz spacing and was around 1823 or 1824
(varies from night to night).  It disappears on 1850, but can be heard
down to 1700 kHz.

I am wondering if someone got a new touch lamp or something.  This is
NOT a tv horizontal frequency thing.

No new countries for me during the test.  Waiting for the P29 for a
hopefully easy #150.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com