TopBand: SWR Meters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SWR Meters
From: reparkes@eureka.lk (reparkes@eureka.lk)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 07:57:44 +0600
de 4S7RPG

to add to the debate on SWR meters.

The SWR one can measure with the "standard cheap" type of SWR meters can
vary with the power level you decide to measure the SWR with.  Obviously  a
1:1 SWR means no reflected power so there will be no ambiguity but if you
are measuring a 1.5:1 VSWR then this could vary depending on the power level
one uses and if the diodes in the SWR meter are in their correct  region of
operation.  I imagine you would not get this problem with a "Bird"

I am sure Tom has the spare time and can add to this for a fuller explanation!!

73s
Bob Parkes
4S7RPG