TopBand: QSL info on Internet

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QSL info on Internet
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:46:45 -0500 (EST)
        GW3YDX informs me that the DX reflector is also trying to
discourage the use of that reflector for QSL info.  My apologies to
Lyndon because I was not aware of that since I'm not a user.

        Here are a couple of alternatives for you:

"Larry WU3V set up the QSL reflector just for this purpose but it
appears that most people are too lazy to use it.
Majordomo@larry.wu3v.net"   (from GW3YDX)

        Another alternative is the WU3V Packetcluster which has
the GO List on it.  If you have Telnet, the address is gate.wu3v.net
Type your call and just hit the return key for the password.  Then
type DXC when you get to that as an option.  Then proceed as you
normally would for any Packetcluster.  Type SH/QSL and you will get
the GO list info.

        If you don't have Telnet but have Web access, try the fol-
lowing URL: http://www.seark.net/adxa/   This is the Arkansas DX
Association and there are numerous QSL links on that page, including
several Packetcluster links at the extreme bottom of the page.

        I still do not mind the "occasional" problem QSL request but
would like to discourage this reflector as your first resort
just because it's convenient.  The info Bob W3GH posted about UA0KAG
is a good example of the "problem QSL's" that could help everyone.

        When I need QSL help, I usually just send a direct E-mail to
someone who I think may be able to help.  So far that has worked for
me without having to post things to the reflector.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV