TopBand: That Amazing TopBand

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: That Amazing TopBand
From: n5ols@samoatelco.com (Don Barclay)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 97 08:08:59 PST
Gentlemen (and I DON'T use that term loosely...)

Conditions on 160 as we speak are the best I've ever seen them.  I
just worked ON4UN a few minutes after 0600z, and I could hear
EVERYBODY he worked before and after me, nobody below s5, I
don't think.  If conditions hold up, this could be the night to work the
tough ones.  John and I had run a bunch of skeds without much suc-
cess, so conditions must really be enhanced.

Personally, I have a noise base tonight of s-nothing, the quietest I've
ever heard it, and not much QRN at the moment either.  It obviously
is not because the band is dead this time.  I guess the absorption from
a couple days ago died out, but the F-layer is still shining, so take ad-
vantage of it!

By the way, 0N4UN was q5 copy here for 30 minutes, at least!  I hope
it stays this way a while, we deserve it after the conditions we've had
recently.

OK, so quit reading and start CQing!

73,  Don  KH8/N5OLS
n5ols@samoatelco.com