TopBand: 8Q7BE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 8Q7BE
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:47:56 -0500 (EST)
        Was working Peter DK2FG tonight when I started hearing
a weak station CQing underneath his 589 signal.  Near the end of
our QSO I could make out 8Q7BE..8Q7BE...sending very slowly.  I
said 73 to Peter, asked him to QRX and exchanged 559's both
ways for a new one.  Who said 160 is dead?  Note the date...
Equinox which is always good for really long haul DX.  His
signals built steadily from 0007 when I worked him until now
which is 0043.  8Q7 sunrise is around 0112 today.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV