TopBand: 160M Activity, 7/4

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M Activity, 7/4
From: sears@rell.com (sears@rell.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 15:20:05 -0500
     I finally got up before sunrise to checkout conditions to the South
     Pacific on topband on July 4th. The band was very quiet at 1045Z, so I
     called DX towards the Southwest. Nothing heard at all, I tried again
     and again...nothing. So I switched to 75M and the band was packed.
     From 1100Z till just after sunrise 1128Z I worked 8 JA's, 11 VK's, one
     korean, and 3 South Americans. I worked every VK district except VK6.
     The signals peaked at S9+25dB for the VK's at 1128Z. So my question
     is, what happened to everybody on 160M?

     Even in the summer I can usually work VK's and JA's on 160M. The band
     was very quiet and propagation was certainly good on 75M. I'll try
     again this week.

     One last thing, I've looked all over for these QSL routes and found
     nothing. Please eemail direct if anyone knows routes for:

     EU6AF, Z31RQ, 9H1BT, and ZB2FK

     I've started my offseason "bury more radials" activity. The array
     seems to be working but some more activity would be a big help. Hope
     to hear you all on Topband,

     Peter
     W5PS (ex-WB2ULI)
     QTH- North Texas