TopBand: Summer DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Summer DX
From: rattmann@cts.com (rattmann)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 08:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
>Heard UN5J on 29.8.97 at 1341Z calling CQ.  Hardly ever hear that part of
>the world during the winter, let alone in the summer.

Re Dan and Tree remarking about this, I recall that back in ancient history,
when the All Asia cw test was always in late August, and I was a serious
all-band participant, I often worked UL7GW on 80 at my sunrise for a good
multiplier.  Also, the first VQ9 I ever worked on 80 was VQ9KK in August,
1979 at sunrise.  In those days I had a high inverted vee for 80.

So it seems the grayline is there for UN5J on the lower two bands, anyway.

--K6NA