TopBand: Backscatter at home

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Backscatter at home
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 08:56:16 -0400 (EDT)
I had Dan's previous comment filed away in my head list of :things-to-do: ...

I am pleased to see the current reminder and more details...
A thought comes to mind that M1 and M2 stations may be able to use two rigs
and antennas for this test, along with a scope on the audio, or the IF.... A
transmitterr controlled reed relay in the Rx line will prevent RF/IF
saturation on the receiver and eliminate the IF chain's recovery time as a
variable...

Alternatively, two stations may be able to cooperate on this, especially
where they are far enough apart that the transmitted pulse does not saturate
the Rx at the receive site...