TopBand: ZK1XXP - North Cooks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZK1XXP - North Cooks
From: gtaft@voyager.net (gtaft)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:26:37 -0700
Jim Henderson wrote:

>         Per 15m QSO at 1845Z today, op Rick says they "are having a few
> problems " with their Battle Creek Special, but still intend to show on
> 160m. They plan to be there a week, and said "just listen for us". I could
> not resist mentioning the recent VK9W experience with this bad technique,
> and suggested, when they get it fixed, they let us know The Plan, and stick
> to it. He rogered that, and will make frequent announcements on the other
> bands when they are ready.
>
>         They are on Penryn Island. QSL WA4YBV. SR 1634Z, SS 0439Z.
>
>         Topbanders, cross your fingers.
>
> 73 De Jim
> KF7E et al
>
> ps: Where can I read up on the Battle Creek Special?
> Jim Henderson
>
> jhenders@zianet.com
> jhenders@tdrss.wsc.nasa.gov
> kf7e@k5di.nm.usa.noam
>
>  -
>  ---
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

Jim

Tonite (0215Z), the ZK1XXP op on 17 M told me they had had some problem
with the Battle Creek Special last eve but had found the trouble today in
"a coax fitting" (not knowing whether it be in the fitting on the special
or their coax to it?) and it was now working fine.  Would be on top band
tonite (assuming that to mean their announced CW QRG of 1832).  Good luck
to all.

73  George  W8UVZ

 -
 ---