TopBand: 160M ZK1XXP wkg many

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M ZK1XXP wkg many
From: bernie.mcclenny@mail.wdn.com (Bernie McClenny)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:14:14 +0100
Rich,
Thanks for the phone call this morning.  How come you called everyone on
the
east coast though?  That was a huge pileup.  Boy that operator was
good.  He
reminded me of the TO0R operation.  Who ever he was we should get him to
operate the contests with us at W3LPL.  One thing I noticed about this
great
op was that he gave the stations call and a report.  Then turned it over
the station he was working.  After the US station gave his exchange the
op
at ZK1XXP would send the stations call to confirm the QSO and then his
call
and UP.  Nice signal from about 10:20 to 10:57 (our sunrise).  Then
about 5
to 10 minutes after our sunrise is when he peaked here in Central
Maryland.
Many locals got through, unfortunately I did not.  I'll be back
tomorrow.
de Bernie

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)