TopBand: 160m condx/KM1H

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m condx/KM1H
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 06:29:17 +0800
26/09/97

Conditions in the last week have been terrible, both at sunrise into Europe
and after sunset into the USA.  The only bright spot has been the excellent
signals from ZK1XXP virtually nightly - ranging from RST 579 to 599.

To those who have not worked the ZK boys yet, keep checking the band at
regular intervals - if not called after CQ-ing while, they sometimes go
quiet, but then seem to return quickly for another shot

Despite the excellent signals from the US west coast and mid west the
previous week, virtually nothing has been heard from these areas since about
Tuesday.  Mike VK6HD and I have listened to you guys working ZK1XXP, but
have not heard hardly a dit here.

VK6APZ, 600km south of me, has been heard on SSB working ZS5K, but apart
from that, its been 'deadsville.'

Bring back the equinox!

Steve, VK6VZ

sire@omen.com.au

PS to Carl, KM1H.  The e-mail connection between my service provider and
yours seems to have failed.  If necessary, I might have to revert to snail
mail...

 -
 ---