TopBand: BY1QH on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BY1QH on 160
From: price.smith@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:33:53 +0000
Hello Mike:

Great that you heard "David" BY1QH on top-band. I sent David an E-Mail
message a few minutes ago and told him of the problem that many Dxers on 160
can not operate on 1910 kHz because of regulations and also many transmit
antennas are tuned to much lower in the band. I asked David to please QSX
1810 to 1830 and announce their receiving frequency.

Merv K9FD and I were in Beijing the end of May and the first part of June.
We operated from BY1QH for 2 days on 20 ssb and cw. We found out that they
had a dipole for 160 at 110 feet but it needed repairs. We mentioned that
many need BY on top-band. They said no problem we will get it going. They
repaired it a few days ago and it looks like it is working FB.

Since then, Merv K9FD is their qsl manager and receives their logs by
E-Mail. It sure took a load off BY1QH's shoulders. :-)

When we were there, their amp was not working and we just didn't have enough
time to fix it. I will ask David if he got it up and running. It is about
700 watts out and sure would help.

Well Mike I will close and GOOD LUCK with a BY1QH qso. :-)

73 de Price W0RI near St. Louis, MO

 -
 ---