TopBand: K7K

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: K7K
From: ah0w@primenet.com (Frank Smith)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 21:47:31 -0700 (MST)
Just coming back from Kure and reading the e-mail on this subject...

FYI the QSO count on 160 meters approached (or may have exceeded)
1200 on 160.  On 80/75 we had obviously multiples of this number
including some headway into Europe.

I appreciate Chris' insight into this since we made it clear upfront
that we placed priority on "new one" demand, especially into Europe
and other difficult areas.  However I think that judging from the
esults on 80 and 160, hardly no one would argue that we didn't
do at least a fair job on the lowbands while still satisfying
new one demand.

Many times during the DXpedition we had at least 4 stations operating
on as many bands, even though one of the yagi's was destroyed
during the over-the-reef landing and couldn't be used as a result,
hich limited our capabilities on upper bands somewhat.  Fortunately
we had a back up.

Iwill state that following the grey-line on 80 didn't produce in
every window, especially towards the end of our stay there, which
indicated we had worked most all who wanted it. At that point it
seemed as if the party was nearly over and most people had gone
home on 80.
To those who worked us, many thanks for the qso's.

73
Frank Smith AH0W/OH2LVG

Frank Smith                               __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
ah0w@primenet.com                        /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /