TopBand: Good Condx 10/7

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Good Condx 10/7
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 07:07:13 -0600
Lisophiles,

Good conditions...albeit QSB/QRM, but VK3IO and VK2AJJ very nice copy on
1833/1830 this morning.  Couldn't stick around but nice to hear them...IO
was solid S8 here in iron-clad Minnesota.

Another topic...since I'm kinda new to beverage antennas, is it unusual
that sometimes they don't seem to hear as well as my inverted vee?  Some
signals are great on the beverage, and other times, I hear just as well or
better on my vee (at 80 feet).  Doesn't seem to be any particular pattern
or direction, just time of day and other conditions.

Just wonderin'

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN

 -