TopBand: Boring report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring report
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:13:33 -0700
> So, the band was in good shape to the south pacific this morning
> (around 1400Z just before sunrise).  However, there was no
> activity heard.  N5KO and myself acted like beacons with no

Yep, and CZM-daaaaaaah must have fresh batteries because it was
pounding into the central California coast this morning at S7, as was
another beacon down the band around 1826.5.

VP5/K8RF was starting to peak nicely right at sunset here last night,
at which point he announced he was QSYing to 80.  It took him several
overs to copy W6RJ on 80, so he must be struggling with the inevitable
Carib noise.

I heard DF2PY for a little while last night, but very light copy here.
I gave a few half-hearted calls, but quickly lost the will to fight
through the dupe patrol calling from back east and called it an early
night.

--Trey, N5KO
 -
 ---