TopBand: Matching/Reflection Transformers For 2-Wire Bev?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Matching/Reflection Transformers For 2-Wire Bev?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:56:06 EDT
On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:38:55 -0400 (EDT) Jeffrey Maass
<jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us> writes:

>Has anyone used Amidon ferrite toroids for the matching and reflection
>transformers in a Misek-style 2-wire SWA/Beverage? He specifies the
>high-permeability cores that he sells: I have a variety of high and
>low permeability Amidon cores of various sizes on-hand.

Misek lives 1 mile from here BTW. Lots of talk for a single 2 wire
Beverage on a small lot. IMO most of his book is talk and no real tests.

Those .5" pearmilibity 10,000 cores make nice dummy loads and are great
if your concern is a 1:1 VSWR across HF plus a need for a preamp.
For lower loss and good 1.8-14MHz performance use a FT114-61 core.
Quadrifilar winding (16T of #24 or 26) will also allow you to split off
the primary and secondary grounds if necessary.
Just my opinion.

73   Carl  KM1H
>What have others done with these?
>
>73,
>
>Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio
>K8ND
>      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
>      25000 Members in 2000!
>

> -
> ---
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html