TopBand: FH/DJ2BW on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FH/DJ2BW on 160?
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 08:09:38 +0200
At 02:37 PM 10/12/97 -0400, you wrote:

>What's the story with this station? I've seen only one spot on 160 (VE1ZZ
>reported him 11 October at 0100Z on 1.830: I couldn't hear him), and
>precious few on other bands so far.
>
>They are to be there until the 22nd: is Topband a priority for them?
>
>73,
>
>Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
>      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
>      25000 Members in 2000!

Jeff,
Hermann DJ2BW is dedicated Topbander!He has been DAILY on 160m last 3
days/since Friday/.Usually he moved from 80m at 2000 or 2100utc/yesterday/.
I worked him 3 days ago at 2325 utc and he was calling CQ for more than 30
mins without takers!
I'm not sure if he has PA there but YES /if I know him /Topband is priority
for him,he is excellent operator and knows and likes 160m very much.
The problem is that condx to NA are not too good.
Yesterday his signal has been about half S weaker than Chris ZS6EZ /the same
time calling him/.

                        73 and GL /still 9 days left/

                                  Rys SP5EWY

 -