TopBand: Boring conditions - Sunday/Monday - N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring conditions - Sunday/Monday - N6TR
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
The band sounded good early in the evening - logged three Europeans
in the 03Z hour, but then it seemed like things fizzled.  Was about
to give up, but heard DJ7AA peak way up around 0545Z.  One CQ resulted
in G4DBN calling well above the noise.  Had a nice run of UK stations
and even a DL calling (who I didn't manage to work due to QSB).

GW4VEQ managed to get my attention with 5 watts - awesome!  Tony
switched the amp back on and that was when KH6AT broke in to say
he was hearing him.

Still hoping one of the GD or GU stations will catch one of these
openings - I will keep trying around 06Z.

The ANC-4 is working well - just exactly like W8JI's posting says
it should.  I am thinking of trying a phasing network and trying
it on transmit.

When I worked DJ7AA, there was someone tuning up about 150 Hz away
from him - 20 over S9.  I was able to null the signal out enough
to hear Wil come back to me.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com