TopBand: Charlie O'Brien, W2EQS W9NFC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Charlie O'Brien, W2EQS W9NFC
From: softcom@voyager.net (Joe N8EA)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:56:41 -0400
Top Band History/Twilight Zone

While visiting my sister a few years ago in N.J., she had an old friend
who was also visiting her. When I told him I was a ham radio operator
he said his next door neighbor was also a ham. His name was Charlie
O'Brien.

I collect historical information on radio including Old QSL cards and
all kinds of paper items. Last year I acquired a batch of QSL cards
through a third party (the SK lived about 2 blocks away from where I
lived when I was a kid (Union City, N.J). But more interesting the batch
included an old letter he had received from W2EQS. Charlie was
complaining severely about the treatment he received from CQ magazine
regarding his "baby" the  CQ 160 contest.

73 Joe N8EA ex W2TQW

PS keep me in mind if you come across old QSL cards; I have one from
Leon Deloy and one from a George McIntosh 8EA dated 8/15/21 plus over
100K more.