TopBand: Bored again in Oregon...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Bored again in Oregon...
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:26:56 -0800 (PST)
Well - the switch that was on for a week has now been off for four
nights.  However, it was a nice surprise to work FO0BRD on Thursday
evening (Friday morning UTC) on an otherwise quiet band for country
number 160.  This was N6RT operating, who is also the QSL manager
for that call.  I guess there was a group down there and they used
their individual calls before the contest.

ZL7AA was very active last night, but on 40 meters.  He was on around
our sunrise, but had QRT minutes before I got to the radio (again on
40 meters).  Was planning to ask him to QSY to 160 if possible.

Hopefully he will try the lower bands again soon.

SM5BFJ has sent me a tape made by SM4HCM with a number of QSOs on it.
There are samples from XZ1N, ZS8IR, VK0IR, S21XX as well as the two
KH6s, a couple of KL7s and a few west coast stations.  Two of the
west coast stations were recorded during a long path opening during the
1995 CQ 160 contest.  These can all be found on my topband web site
at http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com