TopBand: 160m goes polar?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m goes polar?
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 05:45:46 +0800
I've just experienced one of the most interesting openings I've ever heard
down here - a short European opening from  2115 to 2130Z (just before and
after sunrise here) that had the echo, fluttter and QSB characteristic of
signals coming over the north pole.  The loudest was GW4VEQ at RST 589, plus
two DL stations and OZ7C somewhat lower in strength.

Not a great opening, but a very interesting one.  I would say it was about
30% shorter in time than a longer conventional one.

73,

Steve, VK6VZ