TopBand: Dxpedition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Dxpedition
From: price.smith@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:19:14 +0000
Hello Dan:

Although we have not talked with you by E-Mail. I know what you are going
through.

I put out on the topband reflector a few weeks ago, that Merv K9FD and my
self were going to Beijing to deliver an Amplifier for 160 thru 10 mtrs to
BY1QH and would like some help. So far $00.00, except from the local hams in
the club. It totals about $125.00 from our club members.

We would be one 160 at the right time for prop to N.A. and also the rest of
the world. We plan to sleep during daylight and work the low-bands from
sun-set to sun-rise at BY1QH. We were there in June '97 and had a great time
operating from BY1QH. Merv is there QSL manager since then and we are in
contact with them almost daily. One answered and said he sure would like to
work us. Very interesting!!

I will put it to the club at our meeting to send you some bucks. That will
be the second thursday in November.

73 for now and I guess that the 80 Ford will live. I have had a 1959
Corvette for 37 years, but it is not driven very much..

de W0RI-- Price near St.Louis, MO