TopBand: CQWW SSB and Ecuador update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQWW SSB and Ecuador update
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:49:00 -0800
CQWW SSB update:

As has been reiterated on topband, 160 was pretty much a bust in CQWW
SSB.  It was rough enough from HC8N that we went around and called
folks -- no sense taking the "run" station down to 160 and killing 10
minutes to work one or two guys, so every station worked was a
multiplier.  Here they are:

6D2X 8P9Z C6AJT HC5C HC8GR J3A K3LR KG4QD KH6CC KP4SN N6DX P40E PJ9B
TI1C V26B VE3EJ VP5T YV2IF

Ecuador update:

HC1OT now has an amplifier that works on 160, but no antenna.  We
didn't have enough time in Quito to put up an inverted-L at Pedro's
place, but I'll take care of this when I go back to Quito on the 20th.

Starting the Monday after the SSB contest, Isla San Cristobal (HC8)
has round-the-clock commercial power service.  The good news is that I
will be able to operate top band before the contest during prime hours
for the Pacific. The bad news is that we now have round-the-clock line
noise.

Tenatively speaking, I plan to wake up around 10Z every day and get on
the band while in HC8.  Look for me around 1826.

--Trey, N5KO & HC8N

PS: Our tremendous host Guido has stumbled across a Yaesu FL-7000 and
is looking for a manual.  Does anyone have one they would be willing
to copy for me or send me?  Thanks.