TopBand: Linear Loading 160m vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Linear Loading 160m vertical
From: manyoaks@easynet.co.uk (manyoaks@easynet.co.uk)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:59:18 -0500 (EST)
>From G3SVL

I am looking at pushing my vertical up to 85ft and trying linear loading.
ON4UN gives all the details of a 'hairpin' - but does anyone know the
sensitivity to spacing of the loading lines?

For example can I split the hairpin as a line either side of the mast?  Is
it the mast to 'hairpin' that matters or the phasing to phasing of the
'hairpin',  or both?   Could I have the 'hairpin' run down the guys in a
triangular form? (I think the Force 12 vetical does this).

Tnx,  Chris  G3SVL