TopBand: Long Wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Long Wire
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:33:28 -0600
I have my eye on a tree in my neighbors field.  It is about 85 feet tall
and 285 feet fromthe pine tree next to my shop.  It is broadside to
europe/australia.

If I make it a long wire, what does it look like on 160.  I have the
inverted L up and it seems to be working ok.

Is it worth the effort on 160 to put his up?  I was disappointed with my
zepp of 225 feet on 160, up 80 feet but had no amp when running it.  I see
some say a horizontal antenna is good in certain situations.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mike Michon
AB5XP
44033 Hwy. 42