TopBand: Band report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Band report
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 06:51:31 -0500 (EST)
Hello Rys and All,

        The band has also been very strange on this side as well.  I
have not been staying up for EU sunrise, but around my sunset (2215 now)
signals are very variable indeed.  It seems that only the far western
EU stations (G, GW, etc) are very strong and stations farther east are
quite weak (DL, I, HA, etc).  I also notice that that our Northeast
area (W1/W2) is working deeper EU (UA3, EU6, etc) that I cannot even
hear.  Also, some of the stronger EU stations (589-599) are giving me
very weak reports (449-559), and I was planning to check my coax for
loss today.  I really don't think there is anything wrong except for
the strange conditions.

        If 160 were perfectly predictable, we would all become bored
with it and take up another hobby.  Let's just enjoy it as it is
because we'll never be able to figure it out!

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV