TopBand: Band Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Band Conditions
From: RobnPam@compuserve.com (Robert g. Flory)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 06:06:58 -0500
GAA06462
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

As bad as Friday night was, last night was pretty good.

Friday night offered the East Coast a UA9, but shortly thereafter was
totally dead.  I gave up when my head hit the desk at 0300z.

Last night there were some good signals from UU4JMG, RX3QU and some fair
signals from other zone 16 stations.

Many signals were fluttery, and AB5XP was very loud no matter which
Beverage I switched to.  KG7D and some other Western stations were quite
strong.  There was a big 6 meter aurora party happening, from what I could
see on packet.

EA8ZS was boomin'.

73 and enjoy the ride, Rob K2WI