TopBand: VK9LX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK9LX
From: w9vne@fuse.net (James S. Danehy)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:05:06 -0500
I had a telephone call from, Dan (K8RF/VK9LI) at 2200z 24 Nov. We talked
for about 10 minutes. He told me to pass along his regards to everyone
on the Topband List. He said that he now has a Beverage antenna directed
towards Europe. For his first EU opening he did not have this Beverage
in operation. He hopes it will improve his ability to work EU. He said
he started to hear EU on Topband about 1700Z. He asks that the EU
stations please call up 2 khz. He said that many of the EU stations were
calling on his frequency. He is using 1.822 khz.

He also said that he is experiencing severe QRN because of rain storms.

As a note  he is looking for ZS6EZ (Chris) on long pathat 2000Z to
2100Z.

He will be back on top band for USA in the morning EST. His sig into
Cincinnati this morning peaked just about 1215Z my sunrise. I will be
talking to him again soon by telephone and can pass along any requests.
I do not subscribe to this list so you will have to send your email to
me direct. Please do not make a request for a schedule unless you are in
some rare location other than EU, NA. He is looking for AF stations.

73

Jim, W9VNE
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
email : w9vne@fuse.net