TopBand: Whose QSX frequency is this?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Whose QSX frequency is this?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:10:05 EST
On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:27:06 -0500 "Bob Garrett rgarrett@sunlink.net"
<rgarrett@sunlink.net> writes:
>Ok, enough is enough!  Left coast, Right coast!!! Africa, Europe! the
>Pacific!  one mans DX is another mans local QRM.
>
>CQWW CW, one of the best contests of the year is fast approaching.
>How
>'bout we let this thread die a deserving death.

Yeah, sweep it under the rug and back to the hogpatch Bob.

Actually, I did not expect to see a battle brewing over my comment. That
I DO NOT think is warranted guys.

The Left Coast has a honest point since during EU / AF peaks all of
North America  is pretty much still awake. That is a big mess to get
thru.
During East Coast greyline most of the West Coast is still in bed and we
have the added boost from the greyline. The few West Coast insomniacs are
rarely a bother. The guys in the middle are still an hour or more away
from their peak so as long as the DX is working split they are of no
concern either.

We ALL like to blow thru a pileup once in awhile...it feels good!  But
not every darn night.
At least during a contest you can work everyone....once.

Cheers and Jeers   Carl   KM1H