TopBand: Nightmare in VK6!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Nightmare in VK6!
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 06:26:38 -0500 (EST)
Received the following from George 5B4AGC regarding VK6VZ's message:

"Hi Bill,

Thanks for the report from VK6VZ.
Well as you can probably imagine I am right on the edge of europe here and
apart from the split when working JAs it's almost impossible to work long
haul DX because it seems that all of EU needs 5B4 on 160m!
I am still working on the Antenna system here and things will improive for
sure, I worked 200 countries on 160m when I was G3LNS so I know how the
band works alright.
I now live here permanently as I am retired now, so there will be plenty of
time to get all the 160m veterans in the log, god willing.
Thanks for the info on your S/Set time and I will be there tonight on
1830Khz (Thursday) around that time. The other big problem here at this
time of year is the QRN, since this is the rainy/storm season.

I'll keep an ear open for VK6VZ also I usually look around the band at
15/16z before the Eu sigs start coming in.

There is currently nothing much from ZC4 as they have dismantled the club
station at Episcopi, but I am assured that they will get things going again
in the new year. It is only 3/4 hr drive from here and I am hoping to one
day get a ZC4 call as well, but that is not so easy nowadays.

73 for now,
CU in CQWW CW, 20m
Geo...
5B4AGC/G3LNS"

Happy Thanksgiving All...I'm going to a Wedding!  73,  Bill  W4ZV