TopBand: VK9LX /K8RF Coming home

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK9LX /K8RF Coming home
From: watchman@tig.com.au (VK9LX)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 16:14:32 +1100
Fellow topbanders/DXers:
 I am just packing up to return stateside in abt 2 hours.
It was a lot of fun and my pleasure working everyone all over the world
from VK9LX.
 99.9% of all the operators acted like gentlemen, except for one or two
who drove me crazy by insisting on working me 3 times on topband during
those precious openings stateside.
 Everyones support, particulary before the operation is very much
appreciated. Nick VK2ICV and I thank everyone from the bottom of our
hearts, you all helped make the trip an unforgetable experience for both
of us.
 I also would like to thank N4RJ Val, who has shown the true spirit of a
gentleman topbander by generously offering to pay for a hotel for my
layover in Chicago the night of Dec 3rd, since I received no offers of
help from any Chicago area Hams that I desperatly asked for the other
day on this reflector. My hats off to you Val!
 Last but not at all least my thanks to Nick VK2ICV who organized this
trip, paid for shipping equipment to Lord Howe in advance, paid for my
airfare and accomidations to LHI up front out of his own pockect and
trusting me, who he had never before even met, to pay him back upon my
arrival. A true blue DXer, a newly made lifelong friend, and a world
class operator.
 Nick is originally fron YU land and is an experienced top-notch
operator having been involved with some of the YU Multi-Op stations who
although has been QRT now for five years since leaving YU land operated
like he goes on major DXpeditions every week of his life.
 Nick deserves all the credit for our succesful operation, please try to
help him out when you send him a card.
 Once again thanks to everyone, I am looking forward to next year when
Nick and I will do it all again!

Best 73 from the "Land Down Under"!
Dan K8RF/VK9LX