TopBand: ARRL/NAC Sections

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ARRL/NAC Sections
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 18:02:38 EST
Hello, Topbanders,

I had two responses regarding errors in the ARRL/NAC Sections list that I
posted last night.

First, MD (Maryland) and DC (District of Columbia) are NOT separate
sections.  They are still combined into MDC.

Second, there is a new Canadian NAC Section.  Newfoundland and Labrador
used to be included in MAR (Maritime Provinces), but now they count as a
separate section multplier and the abbreviation sent with the RST is NL.

The total number of Sections is still 79.

Another respondent said that along with VE1, the prefixes VE9, VY2, and
VO should be included in the Maritime Provinces Section.  I agree for VE9
and VY2, however I believe that VO is the prefix for stations in the new
NL Section.

Tnx for all the responses, 73, de Earl, K6SE