TopBand: QTC fde DF2PY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QTC fde DF2PY
From: Dj6rx@aol.com (Dj6rx@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 16:29:03 -0500 (EST)
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Msg #7433  From: DF2PY  Date:  4-Dec 0704Z  Subj: Reply to KM3G-FT 1000
Hello Lane ! Read Your question about the "upgrade" plans.
I did the move from a TS940 SAT to a plain FT 1000 about 3 months
ago.Have all the filters in the radio.Honestly saying,its nice for
cw with the dual VFO etc,but neither the sensitivity or selectivity
of the FT1000 outperforms the TS940 ! i wkd my 160 WAS with the 940
in one season,that may say something.In fact the Ft1000 showa a nasty
thing,that is " in band mixing",often i hear images of chopped cw
generated by mixing of strong nearby stations.Klaus-DJ6RX has the same
effect on his FT 1000 ! Of course in Europe this problem is more severe
due to the proximity of stations,but with the 940 never had it !
That i guess may degrade the FT1000 in heavy contest performance.
At least i can hear no DX when the mixing appears !Hope these comments
helped a bit.   73`s  de Wolf- df2py-
DJ6RX de DB0SPC-8    4-Dec 0836Z >