TopBand: Why couldn't the contest be this good?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Why couldn't the contest be this good?
From: wings@ix.netcom.com (Will Roberts)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:49:36 -0000
Conditions last night here in NC were fantastic. There were Europeans
everywhere at 0400z. I ran a string of them running 100 watts to my
inverted vee. I then turned down to about 10 watts, and got SM4CAN, HA8BE,
and F5IN on the first call.
Why couldn't conditions have been this good last weekend during the
contest!!
It was almost if my antenna was broken and had automatically fixed
itself...

Happy holidays / 73,

Will AA4NC / W4MR