TopBand: antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: antennas
From: Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:46:34 -0000
Rich said

>With this in mind, I believe that we be seeing a few more 160 Meter
antennas >in the next year or so, hopefully a pair of low dipoles at
W3LPL for those >times when the high angle signals predominate.

I've been surprised at how well my 80 m dipole, fed with open wire
feeders and an ATU, works on receive, pulling stuff out on occasion that
the other 3 receive antennas (the vertical used for tx, the tuned loop,
and the EWE) can't. SInce the loop, the EWE and the TX antenna are
essentially vertically polarised, and low angle signals are likely to be
so, is the high angle stuff possibly mainly horizontally polarised? The
dipole is at 60 feet.

> As Frank reminds us, a Ham never has enough antennas.

I suppose it's possible.........................

73

Peter G3RZP