TopBand: stratwarms

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: stratwarms
From: k9la@gte.net (Carl and Vicky)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:57:01 -0800
With regard to K8SM's and W2PM's recent postings on stratwarms, also
check out Technical Correspondence in the Feb 97 issue of QST for the
what, where, when, why, and how of stratwarms.

Stratwarms certainly do cause increased absorption in the D region due to
nitric oxide spilling out from the polar caps and being easily ionized by
solar radiation.  But when applied to our 160m work at night when the D
region is almost non-existent, I don't believe there's any effect at all.

Recently IV3PRK kindly sent me his detailed and extensive logs to study
this further.  Stay tuned.....

Carl K9LA