TopBand: Gamma Cap Voltage Ratings

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Gamma Cap Voltage Ratings
From: k6zz@ccis.com (Bob Selbrede)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:56:41 -0800
Yet another quick question for the gang...I'm getting ready to purchase a
motorized vacuum variable cap for the Gamma Match on my shunt fed tower.
Looks like about 50-150 PF will be needed for a match.  The higher the
voltage rating, the better.  Just curious though, would a 10-1000 pF vacuum
cap with a 3 KV rating be sufficient for the task, assuming maximum legal
transmit power is used (1500W)?  I've run the calcs 2 different ways and get
different answers each time!  Thanks again.

73, Bob K6ZZ