TopBand: RV1CC: First time in Stew Perry Distanse Challange

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RV1CC: First time in Stew Perry Distanse Challange
From: rv1cc@mail.admiral.ru (VLAD SIDOROV)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 02:55:36 +0300
       Hi, all Topbanders, who worked in SP DC Contest last weekend!
I want to tell You my imression after working in this Contest. It was great
time. I generally first time worked in Stew Perry. The weather was not good
Saturday morning: cloudy, temperature - minus 1-2 C. In Saturday evening
the weather changed - the temperature gone up( + 2 C), rain and very low
atmospheer pressure.
The propogation was not good to the east. I didn't hear any JA-station.
Only
Riki, 4X4NJ, in my LOG from Asia.
But great opening was to US direction. I worked all( 1 - 0 ) areas of the
USA.
It was first time in my TopBand HAM life. I had my first contact with K2XA
on
his sunset. Then I worked some other stations from NY and NJ. K0HA, as
usually, was very strong, sometimes - 589-599+5dB! In the middle of the
night
I worked AD6C. He had not big signal, but answer on my call without
problem.
It was pleasing surprise , because CA is new zone WAZ / state WAS for me on
160m. I heard also N7UA on his sunset, but Bob didn't answer on my
calling.
In amount I worked 17 US station and 1 Canadian, but many other station
didn't
hear me. For example, I heard N4AR, AA4NN, N8EA, K9MA and some oth. very
long time and W0LFS, with report 449 - 579, was in the my receiver approx.
half
contest night( hi-hi). But they all didn't answer. And most strong station
from the
NA in this weekend was W8LRL. But Wallase didn't calling CQ. When I met
him,
he always was looking for somebody. At 06.20 - 06.26 I heard K6SE(559 -
579).
He was calling EU, but nobody answer to him. I tried to work with Earl full
six
minutes, but unsuccesfully. Then AL7O was few minutes on frequency and
again
I didn't work him.
In summary I worked one new WAZ zone( N 3) and three new states ( CA, OK
and
OH ) for WAS - 160m.
Thanks Stew Perry for good time in this weekend.
I hope to meet all of You in the last weekend of January.
Happy New 1998 Year!
   73! Vladimir, RV1CC ,    KP50EB               rv1cc@mail.admiral.ru
        P.O.Box 1, St.Petersburg-Bugry, 188660 Russia