TopBand: XW30

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XW30
From: K2EK@aol.com (K2EK)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:51:46 EST
In a message dated 98-01-06 11:38:25 EST, W1FV writes:

<<  Normally I would expect the path  to be either skewed from the southwest
at our sunrise or  skewed long path from the southeast at our sunset.  >>

John  - several years back I worked and confirmed XW8CF and RV0YF in back to
back 80M contacts on 12/24 - for a rather cool Xmas present and last 2 zones
on that band.

Interestingly, the contacts occurred at 1 hour before and 15 minutes before
sunrise.  In each case best reception was on a NE beverage, suggesting an over
the pole path.

My log does not show any other contacts on that date, so I cannot make any
correlation between these and conditions on 160.

73 de Bill
K2EK