TopBand: VP5FXB DXpedition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VP5FXB DXpedition
From: W8AV@aol.com (W8AV)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 22:37:33 EST
Fellow Topbanders:

I am posting this to the reflector as we plan mucho 160 operation during this
operation.  I will be the primary topband operator during the operation.
Anyone wishing to sign- on with us should contact the group as listed below.
Hope to CU all on the band !!!!!

73............................de Goose W8AV

NEWS RELEASE  ---  G3FXB MEMORIAL OP / ARRL CW CONTEST --- 7 January 1997

The Caribbean Contesting Consortium will activate the Turks and Caicos
Islands from Jody Millspaugh's site (VP5JM) February 14-28, 1998 and will
be a major multi-transmitter unlimited entry in the 1998 ARRL DX CW
Contest.  Please take a look at our continually-evolving WWW site at <
http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/vp5fxb/vp5fxb.htm >. Operators will be K4LT,
K8RF, KU8E, W8AV, W8TK, W9EFL, WA9S, and W0CG.  The operation will also
include a support crew consisting of K8LJP, KC8BBE, N8LGP and several of
the non-ham XYL's. Special thanks to Ten-Tec Corporation for support of
this undertaking.

A special callsign of VP5FXB will be used during the contest in memory of
longtime FOC member and avid contester Al Slater, G3FXB(SK). No finer
gentleman ever graced the ham bands!  Individual operators will use
VP5/homecall outside the contest.  QSLs for VP5FXB go to W8AV either direct
with an SASE containing sufficient return postage or via the bureau.
Direct cards mailed without an SASE will be answered via the bureau.  All
contacts will be confirmed.  QSLs for the individual operators are via
their respective homecalls. Look for significant post-contest publicity on
the operation, including a presentation in the Contest Forum at the Dayton
Hamvention in May.

The CCC crew is presently searching for additional operators to participate
in the contest.  Anyone interested should contact W0CG (ghoward@kent.edu),
K4LT (k4lt@fuse.net), or W8AV (w8av@aol.com) or check the WWW site (above)
for more info.