TopBand: Boring Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring Report
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 11:28:30 -0600
Tree, et.al.,

I have been the recipient of numerous qsos in the early morning on this path
from JA, VK and ZL.  It is clear to me that these are very high angle
signals, as in almost every case, my inverted vee works best for reception
on these morning q's.  Later day, and almost all night qsos are much better
heard on my beverages.

Someone, You're out there somewhere, sent me a very interesting and
scholarly tretise on high angle, ducted signal propagation from JA, VK,ZL in
the morning.  This may be the case, and account for the performace of your
vertical in the morning.

Could we see that again...the article I mean...seems to me it was from
someone in 7Land.

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN  (currently in Orlando FL)