TopBand: LU1ZC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: LU1ZC
From: Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com (KEN CARUSO)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 20:52:15 -0500
UAA07938
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

  It struck me funny I didn't see any mention of the *huge* pileup on LU1ZC
Jan 7 around 0200 - 0300Z. This pileup sounded as big and raucous as the
VK0IR pileups last year.

 They had a huge signal in 1 land, so much so that I first  questioned if
this was
not a pirate operation,  having never heard *any* signals from that part of
the
world before on 160. WFWL.

 Alas, I wasn't able to snag them. I sensed they were a little frustrated
with
the pileup,   they  pulled the plug a few times only to pop back up a short
while later.

 I haven't been on since then. Are these folks still active?

 Ken
 WO1N