TopBand: 1/8 wave radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1/8 wave radials
From: W2pm@aol.com (W2pm)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:04:49 EST
In a message dated 98-01-12 17:15:58 EST, sire@omen.com.au writes:

<< It is a shame G6XN is not more widely known as the inventor of this
 extremely useful technique for low (and HF) band enthusiasts.  They should
 really be known as G6XN loaded radials.

 Many 73,

 Steve, VK6VZ

I agree that Moxon is not as well known as he should be for many of the
concepts in his books however part of the reason for this may be his difficult
(to me - a Yank) writting style.  He is no where as edifying as ON4UN but far
better than anything out of ARRL on antennas (at least until recently) and has
some very radical ideas which stir the imagination especially with radials and
counterpoises.

73 Pete, W2PM