TopBand: 5B4ADA 160M QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 5B4ADA 160M QSOs
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 01:38:05 -0500
The Top Band sounded a bit noisey tonight in Maryland because of
a passing storm. We missed out on the predicted ice/snow mix which is
now on its way to W1/2 land.

Well despite the noise, 5B4ADA came on, booming into the States !
Tnx to W8FJ's DX Cluster putout, he was quickly worked at 04:53Z today (Sat)
before the pileup grew very large. I heard a number of stations from the east,
midwest and south central U.S. working him at a fairly rapid rate.
The Cyprus QSO was K1HTV Top Band country #160 with 100 Watts.
The 160M QRP total still stands at 66.

See you all in the CQ 160 Meter CW Contest the following weekend. Hope
conditions are as good as during the Stew Perry 160M Distance Challenge.
 73 de Rich - K1HTV
 dz@voa.gov