TopBand: Delaware in contest...work first night!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Delaware in contest...work first night!
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (jon zaimes)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:22:43 -0500 (EST)
Fellow topbanders:

I will be QRV from our new QTH in the CQ WW 160m CW contest, but
activity will be interrupted for several hours the second night for
an unavoidable social engagement. So if you need the Delaware mult,
best to catch me the first night. I will be on continuously from 22z till
after sunrise (1215z) the first night, and briefly around sunset the second
night, then resuming activity likely around 0600z through sunrise.

I could be anywhere on the band of course, but check first around 1820-30
kHz. Westcoasters note I often move high in the band (above 1850) once Eu
fades out around 08-0830z.

The new QTH is near Felton, Del., in the middle of the state. We have 12
acres in the country, nice and quiet! We moved in 5 weeks ago and I have
been busy setting up the station, running the 220v line for the amp, and
getting antennas ready for the contest -- a tree-supported Inverted L with
raised radials (about 70 ft vertical) and half a dozen Beverages. I've been
getting good reports from Europe and JA the past week.

Bigger antennas will follow in the Spring!

CU in the contest!

73/Jon AA1K
e-mail remains the same: jon.zaimes@dol.net