TopBand: CQWW 160 at ZS6EZ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQWW 160 at ZS6EZ
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:11:26 +200
Friday night was my worst ever in 10 years of working this contest.
There were thunderstorms in visible range all night, and conditions
were not good enough to produce copiable signals.  The first signals
started surfacing around 3 am, two hours before sunrise.  The first
US signal was KV0Q around sunrise.  I worked only 3DA0CA and WB9Z the
first night.

The second night was much better, although by no means good.  Still
QRN of S9+20, but I had my first ever workable sunset opening on 160.
LY2WR, SN3A and SP7GIQ made it into the log around 8 pm (18:00 UTC).
8Q7AA followed around midnight for a new one, S53R and W1FJ around 2
am (midnight UTC), with K8MK, VE3EJ, 8P9DX and W4ZV around sunrise.
The 8P was another new one.

That's it, I'm afraid!

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ