TopBand: DX window in the contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DX window in the contest
From: john.devoldere@innet.be (John Devoldere (ON4UN))
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:46:58 +0000
Hello fellow Top band Contesters.

I read in the rules something like "N America and Europe stay out of the
window".....

Who els was there in the contest??  Well, almost, hi..

Worked zero South Amercia, 1 Africa, 1 middle East, a handfull UA9's, 4
JA's  and that's it.. Was the DX window for those only??

In some countries in Eu one can work only CW between 1830 and 1840. If 5
KHz is reserved for a "window" that makes only 5 KHz left over for "other"
QSO's...

I called CQ TEST USA in the window, but if a Eu station called me, I worked
him..

Just about everybody did it that way over here. Was that OK?

73

John, ON4UN - OT8T

*            John Devoldere, ON4UN, AA4OI, OT8T               *
*             e-mail: john.devoldere@innet.be                 *
*                address: Poelstraat 215                      *
*                         B9820 Merelbele                     *
*                         Belgium                             *
*                 mailing addres: P.O.Box 41                  *
*                                 B9000 Gent,                 *
*                                 Belgium                     *

*  PLEASE CALL US IN THE CONTESTS (ON4UN OR OT8T). THANK YOU! *