TopBand: Pre-Amp for Rx Loop on 160M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Pre-Amp for Rx Loop on 160M
From: ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM (ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 98 12:45:27 CST
I need to brew a pre-amp for a 5ft per side rx loop as
was described here and in ARRL pubs.  Mine seems to
hear the louder stations and noise is way down but just
cannot pull out the weaker sigs.  I have done a search
here on contesting.com and found several references to
pre-amps for Beverages and EWE's but nothing in particular
for a small loop.  Would one of these work?  If not,
can someone direct me to a schematic that would do the
job?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne  AJ5M  ehayes@vnet.ibm.com

P.S. Thanks to those that were able to pull my pipsqueak signal
     out of the noise during the 160 test.