TopBand: 160 Logs for 3DA0CA 28/29 Jan

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 Logs for 3DA0CA 28/29 Jan
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:15:42 +200
For all that have not followed the posts:  I act as an Internet
intermediary for Jon, because he has limited Internet access at work.
It's not easy to entertain sked requests; please try to work him for
a few weeks first.  If you really, legitimately cannot make it, we
can try to help later.

QSL goes to W4DR.

Finally, I tried to reply to a message from OY9JD, but it bounced.
Anybody know his real address?

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

>From Jon 3DA0CA:

The following are logs from 28 and 29 Jan.  On the 28th I only worked one
person who duped me this am.  I had two dupes from previous contacts I
thought were good solid QSOs.

N8** (edited by ZS6EZ) needs receive antenna work. I have called his
599 signal numerous times on numerous days and he does not respond.
Hope he gets his RX ant. problems solved.

Had some confusion with the K1s this am.  I thougt for sure K1ZZ was calling
but then K1ZG answered.  Later I DID work K1ZZ proving that I don't need my
ears checked.

My conditions were wierd this am.  Had two peaks, one at about 0300z and
another at my sunrise at 0328, in between signals almost faded away
completly.  Some wierd QRM that shifts freq was causing problems this AM.
Continue to listen for what I call as QSX  I will shift from 5 up to 7 up
and back to 5 up as this QRM continues to cause problems.

Note the signals across the country.  It was a good morning! But according
to my records and predictions (worth 2 cents) tomorrow will be another 50
QSO morning.  Cu then...jon 3da0ca

W5PS
K9FD
K4PI
K9NR
N7JW
K4YN
K4IPB
W4YO
K8ND
N0IJ
AD6C
N6DX
K3SV
N3MKZ
K1ZG
K0EU
W9YSX
K9MA
NI6T
K5ZQ
W5PS
KR9U
K2NV
K8EJ
K8NA
W5DM
K0KE
K6NA
W6SVN
K6TQ
K1ZZ
N7EMD

PS I have not forgotten the JA, OC and EU.  I just have not had good condx
for these in the evening.  Evening QRN has been bad and made it not worth my
while.  Maybe Sunday night I will have time and condx will be good to try
for both an EU and JA openings.