TopBand: n2nl/kh2 was hearing many of you!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: n2nl/kh2 was hearing many of you!
From: n2nl@kuentos.guam.net (Dave Mueller)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:16:39 +1000 (GST)
Hi guys.....
  As many know I have been transferred back here to KH2 for another few
years.  I am presently staying in a hotel on the beach, awaiting military
housing.  I have my kenwood 930 barefoot loading a 200ft long wire that
travels from my 10th story balcony to a balcony on the 26th floor of a
seperate building (who's room belongs to another ham, KF2XN).  It gives my
pretty much a vertical wire up in the clear.
   The last few days I have been spending some time on 160m, working mostly
JA's but also NL7Z, VK6HD, YB0ARA/9, BV4ME, a UA0, and VK3AJJ.  I have been
listening during east coast sunrise but hadn't heard any stateside guys
until tonight.  At about 1300Z, while listening to YB0ARA/9's pileup (he is
599+20 out here!), I was able to clearly copy several midwest stations
calling.  I didn't have a notepad handy so I don't recall any of the calls,
but if you worked him around 1300Z I heard you.
   I am too busy to accept internet sked requests (12 hour work days and 24
hour duty every third day), but I will make an effort to get on 160
exclusively during stateside sunrise later this week.  I only have 100W and
no recieve antennas, but I feel a few QSO's might be possible.
   I will make the announcement later this week when I will be on, most
likely it will be Friday morning East Coast time.
   If you need KH2 and KH0 on 160, don't fret.  I will be out here for 2
more winter seasons atleast, and will put both contries on topband from a
remote location where I can put up effective transmit AND recieve antennas,
with an amp.  The rest of my equipment will arrive too late for this season,
so the winter of 1998 will be my first major effort.
   73, from Guam,
   N2NL/KH2